The Dual Career Program provides job search assistance for partners of newly recruited tenure-system faculty and senior level administrators. The Dual Career liaison will provide employment information to program candidates so they are able to network, build relationships, identify possible employment opportunities, and connect with community resources.
How Can the Dual Career Program Assist You?
Resume and Cover Letter Review
We will coach you to construct tailored resumes and cover letters for identified positions.
Interviewing Skills Assessment
We will meet with you to conduct mock interviews to make sure you feel confident in the job search.
Job Search Strategy
We will search for applicable positions at the university and in local industry that fit your talents and skill set.
Job Hunting Resources
Referrals to Community Resources
We want you to feel at home in our community. Let us know what resources, activities, organizations, and institutions you would like to be involved with and we will get you connected.
- You’re Welcome CU – An initiative to get young professionals acquainted with CU and all it has to offer.
- Experience Champaign Urbana – We promote a welcome destination experience for visitors to strengthen economic opportunity and enhance the lives of residents.
- Chambanamoms.com – A great resource for young families for everything from finding doctors or service providers to knowing what events are happening around town. Parents and non-parents alike love this site!
- Smile Politely – An e-magazine highlighting the arts, music and culinary scene in CU.
- Krannert Center – The University’s performing arts center. See the variety of upcoming performances and events.