The University of Illinois Academic Program Review Process will provide each academic unit with the opportunity to examine its strengths, deficiencies, and strategic goals in a systematic way.
Evaluation of programs is conducted through a self-study process, culminating in an external peer review.
The Program Review process aligns with the campus strategic goal of ensuring excellence in the academic programs, allowing the university to:
- Guide the future direction and priorities for the programs and the institution
- Identify areas for improvement and development
- Promote goal setting within the departments as well as across departments
- Identify potential opportunities to redirect existing resources
- Identify potential opportunities to generate and use incremental resources
- Fulfill accreditation and state requirements
- Ensure institutional quality to students, faculty, parents, alumni, and other stakeholders