Current Program Assessment Activities
Assessment Activities for 2020-2021
- 1. The campus will continue to collect information on learning outcomes assessment.
- Over the 2016-2017 academic year, the campus community engaged in a systematic collection of assessment information for every undergraduate academic program. In 2017-2018, the focus shifted to collecting information on graduate degree programs.
- All programs completed assessment templates with learning outcomes, previous assessment work, plans for assessment, and a curriculum map.
- In October 2018, all undergraduate programs provided an update on the assessment activities during the AY 2017-2018.
- In October 2019, all academic programs provided an update on their assessment activities for AY 2018-2019.
- In October 2020, all academic programs will provide an update on their assessment activities for AY 2019-2020.
- 2. The Council for Learning Outcomes Assessment (C-LOA) oversees this process.
- Established in Spring 2016 to help facilitate the process and to set policies, C-LOA created the template for collecting assessment information.
- C-LOA assures that reports are being submitted and that they are complete.
- During AY 2020-2021, C-LOA will again review both undergraduate and graduate assessment updates.
- 3. The campus will provide resources to assist with assessment work.
- 4. Assessment should be meaningful and useful.
- When available or relevant, the unit should pull assessment information from other work that it is doing, such as from specialized accreditation reports and committee reports.
- Program faculty should list question(s) about how students are performing in the program, identify evidence to answer the question(s), and use the information to confirm the program is effectively impacting student learning or to improve the curriculum.
- 5. The campus needs assessment information for institutional accreditation.
- The campus is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, which expects the campus to collect assessment information for every program at the University.
- The campus will describe the assessment processes used on campus as well as share assessment reports with institutional accreditors.
Historical Assessment Reports & Resources
These resources can help you with your reports: