Academic Program Review
The University of Illinois Academic Program Review Process will provide each academic unit with the opportunity to examine its strengths, deficiencies, and strategic goals in a systematic way.
Evaluation of programs is conducted through a self-study process, culminating in an external peer review.
The Program Review process aligns with the campus strategic goal of ensuring excellence in the academic programs, and allows us to:
- guide the future direction and priorities for the programs and the institution;
- identify areas for improvement and development
- promote goal setting within the departments as well as across departments
- identify potential opportunities to redirect existing resources
- identify potential opportunities to generate and use incremental resources
- fulfill accreditation and state requirements
- assure institutional quality to students, faculty, parents, alumni, and other stakeholders