Executive Officer Distinguished Leadership Award
The Executive Officer Distinguished Leadership Award recognizes outstanding academic leadership and vision by an executive officer within a college or campus unit. Recipient will be an exemplar of effective leadership who has led diverse groups through strategic improvements within her/his unit or campus. Up to two awards may be awarded annually. The award includes an honorarium and a personalized commemorative plaque.
Contact your college to determine its deadline for departmental submissions.
March 1 – Deadline for college or campus-level unit nominations to be submitted.
*When a deadline falls on a weekend or campus holiday, nominations will be due the next business day.
- Current or recent* service as an Executive Officer of a department, school, program, or center
- Has not won this award in the previous 5 years
- Campus-level administrators (e.g., in the offices of the Chancellor and Provost, or deans) are not eligible
*Appointment as an Executive Officer (EO) must have been during the timeframe specified below to be considered “recent”:
- 2017-2018 nomination cycle and beyond – EO must have served during the past three academic years
- Fosters an environment wherein recruitment, development, and retention of students, faculty, and staff are key elements of the unit’s success
- Builds innovative and dynamic curricula and research agendas
- Takes the lead to promote excellence and diversity
- Uses sound and innovative financial management and resource development strategies
- Demonstrates excellence in promoting and communicating the unit’s accomplishments and goals to the various stakeholders
Candidates may be nominated by faculty member(s) or dean(s).
Nomination packets must include all materials described below, and should be formatted in 12-point Times New Roman or equivalent font; single-spaced; and 1-inch margins.
|A. Standard cover page||Attachment A||
|B. Nomination letter||Address evaluation criteria described above.||
|C. Self-statement from nominee||A statement of the nominee’s leadership philosophy, including guiding principles, key constituents, specific strategies, and desired results.||
|D. Three letters of support from individuals such as:
|Specific examples to support the nominee’s distinction as an outstanding executive officer (e.g., leadership, vision, managerial skills, interpersonal skills, attitude, etc.).||
|E. Supporting letter from college dean||Discuss nominee’s qualifications and how s/he meets criteria.||
Nominations must be submitted using the online form by 11:59 p.m. March 1. If this date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline is 11:59 p.m. the next business day.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Campus Awards & Honors Committee, who will make a recommendation to the Provost. Recipient(s) and their nominator(s) will be notified by mid-April. Awards are presented at the annual Celebration of Academic Service and Leadership Excellence.
See previous recipients of Campus Awards for Excellence in Faculty Leadership.
For more information about Campus Awards for Excellence in Faculty Leadership, contact Kim Green in the Office of the Provost at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 244-3689.