Courses & Programs
Illinois has 16 colleges and instructional units that provide more than 150 undergraduate programs and more than 100 graduate and professional programs.
All new, revised, and discontinued courses must be approved by the Office of the Provost upon the recommendation of the department, the college, and, in the case of 400- through 500-level courses, the Graduate College. Visit the links below for more information.
- Academic Catalog
- Course Catalog & Scheduling
- Course Explorer
- Course Fees
- Course Scheduling
- Discontinuing Courses
- New and Revised Course Submission Timeline
- Proposing New Courses
- Revising Existing Courses
Changes to existing programs or proposals for new programs are reviewed by the Office of the Provost and are subject to approval by the Faculty Senate and the Board of Trustees. Learn more about guidelines for new or revised programs.
For questions about programs of study, please contact Kathy Martensen in the Office of the Provost.
Policies and Procedures for Graduate Programs
- Guidelines for New or Revised Programs
- Senate Proposal Format
- Senate Proposal Format for Minors
- IBHE Format for New Degrees and Units
- Program Approval Process Flowchart
- Levels of Governance Guide
- IPEDS Degree Definitions