College of Fine and Applied Arts
Music – Majors
Computer Science + Music
- Minimum GPA of 2.00 (3.00 for Music Education, 3.5 for Computer Science + Music)
- For consideration to Computer Science + Music only: A Minimum grade of B+ in CS 124, CS 128, CS 173 and CS 225.
- Student should apply no later than the sophomore year. Students will need three years to complete degree requirements after transfer.
- Current Illinois students should contact the School of Music Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to filling out the Supplemental Music Application form.
- Students are required to complete a talent review as part of the admissions process. Program specific requirements can be found at: http://www.music.illinois.edu/application-process
Students may apply for Fall and Spring admission.
- Timeline for Fall: Apply by March 1, Complete talent review by April 1
- Timeline for Spring: Apply by November 1, Complete talent review by November 15
Any student seeking an exception to this policy must submit a statement to email@example.com detailing why they wish to be considered for off-cycle admission to the School of Music.
The Undergraduate Academic Advisor for the School of Music is Rebecca Spennetta. Questions and concerns can be addressed via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.