College of Applied Health Sciences
Applied Health Sciences – Speech and Hearing Science
Policies and Procedures for students considering a transfer into Speech and Hearing Science:
- Students are strongly encouraged to attend one of our Informational Meetings – dates and times are available here: http://advising.ahs.illinois.
- A preliminary meeting with the Speech and Hearing Science Academic Advisor is strongly encouraged. Transfer applications are available on the second floor of the Speech and Hearing Science Building or in 219 Huff Hall.
- Prospective students will be asked to complete a brief application which will include a 500-700 word personal essay.
- Sophomore standing is preferred and a 2.8/4.0 is the recommended minimum GPA.
- Leadership, volunteer, or professional experiences which relate to the major are strongly considered when reviewing applications.
Intercollegiate transfer applications are accepted at any time in the academic year. Completed applications can be submitted to room 219 Huff Hall. Applications are reviewed at the midterm and again once semester grades have posted. Summer applications are welcome. Students will receive notification approximately one week after applications are reviewed. For more information about the program, please visit: http://shs.illinois.edu/.