Reading Day Workshops for Assistant Professors
These workshops are designed to provide junior faculty with the knowledge and skills that can enhance their careers at Illinois. The Fall 2020 session will be conducted in a virtual format via Zoom.
Reading Day Workshops for Assistant Professors are highly engaging, hands-on workshops that feature a range of topics from opportunities for enhancing their ongoing research activities, to resources and strategies for achieving work-life balance, to understanding the promotion process at Illinois, to making the most of mentoring relationships, and many others.
Interdisciplinary and Team Research at Illinois: Benefits and Challenges Working Across Disciplines
- Are you interested in creative solutions to challenging problems?
- Are you already part of an interdisciplinary research team?
- Do you want to form a team or be a part of one and not know where to start?
- Do you have questions about how interdisciplinary and team research is handled in promotion and tenure?
If you said YES to any of these questions, join us to learn about the benefits and challenges of interdisciplinary and team research. Our expert panel will share insights on getting your work off the ground and help you work through challenges to ensure your team’s sustained success. We will also discuss how interdisciplinary and team research is treated in promotion and tenure.
Who should attend?
This workshop is for full-time lecturers, assistant professors (tenure-stream and specialized faculty), and post-doctoral fellows.
- Gain knowledge and skills to successfully engage in interdisciplinary and team research at Illinois.
- Share tips, strategies, and resources for conducting interdisciplinary and team research.
- Understand how interdisciplinary research is handled in promotion and tenure.
- Antoinette Burton, Director, Humanities Research Institute and Professor of History
- Neal Cohen, Director, Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Institute and Professor of Psychology, Neuroscience Program, and Carle Illinois College of Medicine
- Eva Pomerantz, Provost Fellow, Acting Director of the Center for Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Professor of Psychology
- Gene Robinson, Interim Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Director of the Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology, and Professor of Entomology
Thursday, December 10, 2020
Register before December 3, 2020.
See the Reading Day Workshops for Assistant Professors Seminar Series Archive for topics in previous academic years.