Division of General Studies
- Class level: Students who start at Illinois as freshman, may apply at the end of their second or third semester. Students who transferred to Illinois from another institution are not eligible to apply. Pre-Engineering does not accept applications after the third semester at Illinois.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Specialized GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Minimum Course Requirements:
- Completion of MATH 220/221 with a grade of B or higher
- Completion of CHEM 102/103 with a grade of B or higher
Students who are admitted to Pre-Engineering, but placed lower than Calculus 1 in their first semester at Illinois, will likely be on an extended graduation time.
Students who already have credits for introductory courses listed above are expected to take the next-level courses.
- May 15
- November 30
Students interested in transferring to Pre-Engineering are encouraged to attend an ICT session, which are offered throughout the fall and spring semesters. Times and dates are located on the Pre-Engineering ICT page. Pre-Engineering advisors are also able to met with non-DGS students who have questions about transferring to PREP.