Division of General Studies
- Class level: Students are eligible to apply in May following the first year at Illinois. Students who have completed more than two semesters at Illinois and students who transferred to Illinois from another institution are not eligible to apply
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Specialized GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Minimum Course Requirements:
- Completion of MATH 220/221 with a grade of B or higher
- Completion of CHEM 102/103 with a grade of B or higher
Students who do not place in at least MATH 115 – Pre-Calculus will not be eligible for Pre-Engineering and the College of Engineering.
Students who already have credits for introductory courses listed above are expected to take the next-level courses with a grade of B or higher for transfer consideration.
- May 15
Students interested in transferring to Pre-Engineering are encouraged to attend an ICT session, which are offered throughout the fall and spring semesters. Times and dates are located on the Pre-Engineering ICT page. Pre-Engineering advisors are also able to met with non-DGS students who have questions about transferring to PREP. Students should call the DGS office to schedule an appointment.