Division of General Studies
- Class level: Students are eligible to apply in May following the first year at Illinois. Students who have completed more than two semesters at Illinois and students who transferred to Illinois from another institution are not eligible to apply
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Technical GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Minimum Course Requirements:
- Completion of MATH 220/221 with a grade of B or higher
- Completion of CHEM 102/103 with a grade of B or higher
Students who do not place in at least MATH 115 – Pre-Calculus will not be eligible for Pre-Engineering and the College of Engineering.
Students who already have credits for introductory courses listed above are expected to take the next-level courses with a grade of B or higher for transfer consideration.
- May 15
Pre-Engineering advisors are not able to meet individually with potential students. Instead, we offer informational sessions throughout the fall and spring semesters. Please check the Pre-Engineering ICT page for times and locations.