College of Fine and Applied Arts
Music – Majors
Computer Science + Music
- Minimum GPA of 2.00 (3.00 for Music Education, 3.5 for Computer Science + Music)
- For consideration to Computer Science + Music only: A Minimum grade of B+ in CS 125, CS 173, and CS 225.
- Student should apply no later than the sophomore year. Students will need three years to complete degree requirements after transfer.
- Current Illinois students should contact the School of Music Admissions Office at email@example.com prior to filling out the Supplemental Music Application form.
- Students are required to complete a talent review as part of the admissions process. Program specific requirements can be found at: http://www.music.illinois.edu/application-process
Students may apply for Fall and Spring admission.
- Timeline for Fall: Apply by March 1, Complete talent review by April 1
- Timeline for Spring: Apply by November 1, Complete talent review by November 15
Any student seeking an exception to this policy must submit a statement to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why they wish to be considered for off-cycle admission to the School of Music.
The School of Music will contact the student after admission to notify them of their advisor’s name. The student will be responsible for setting up the initial appointment.