College of Applied Health Sciences
Applied Health Sciences – Community Health
Policies and Procedures for students considering a transfer into Community Health:
- Students are strongly encouraged to attend one of our Informational Meetings – dates and times are available here: https://ahs.illinois.edu/ahs-ict
- Prospective students will be asked to complete a brief application which will include a 500-700 word personal essay and a resume.
- The University requires that freshman complete at least 30 credit hours and transfer students complete at least one semester prior to switching majors. A 2.8/4.0 cumulative Illinois GPA is recommended. Academic performance in CHLH classes is also evaluated as well as the statement and resume. Prospective students are encouraged to explore CHLH 100, 101, 210, 250, or 304.
- Leadership, volunteer, or professional experiences which relate to the major are strongly considered when reviewing applications.
- Strongly encouraged to complete their non-primary language requirement (at least three years in high school or the equivalent of three college semesters of the same language)
Application deadlines are posted on the AHS ICT website https://ahs.illnois.edu/ahs-ict. For more information about our program, please visit: https://ahs.illinois.edu/community-health