College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
Agricultural and Consumer Economics
For dates of next transfer opportunity, please see ACE Department ICT website.
- Successful applicants generally have GPAs exceeding 3.0 in Illinois courses and in relevant coursework; however, 3.0 neither assures nor prevents admission. See list of considerations below for further details.
- All applicants must have credit for or be currently enrolled in:
- ACE 100 or ECON 102
- One of the QR1 required MATH courses from either Group 1 or Group 2:
- Group 1:
- MATH 124 (Finite Mathematics)
- MATH 125 (Elementary Linear Algebra)
- MATH 231 (Calculus 2)
- Group 2:
- MATH 220 (Calculus) or MATH 221 (Calculus 1)
- MATH 234 (Calculus for Business)
- Group 1:
- Other recommended courses for first year students:
- ACE 161 or CS 10
Additional Suggested Classes for Transfer
ACE does not have explicit course requirements beyond the aforementioned to be eligible to apply and transfer.
Students can make progress towards completing the requirements for the ACE majors and demonstrate affinity for the major by taking and excelling in the courses listed below:
- Second course from the remaining ACE QR1 MATH GROUP requirement, i.e. GROUP 1 – MATH 124, 125 or 231, or GROUP 2 MATH 220, 221, or 234.
- ECON 103 (Macroeconomics)
- ACE 161 (Microcomputer Applications) or CS 105 (Into to Computing for Non-Tech Majors)
- ACCY 201 (Accountancy I)
- CMN 101 (Public Speaking – if took RHET 105) or CMN 112 (Oral & Written Comm II – if took CMN 111)
- ACE 261 (Applied Statistical Methods) or ACE 398 Section AS1 (Applied Statistical Methods and Data Analytics I) or ECON 202
Admission is based on a competitive application process. Application forms are available in 304 Mumford or downloadable from the Department ICT website. Please refer to the Department ICT website for information on form availability, application deadlines, and decision and notification dates. If approved before the tenth day of classes in any given semester, transfer can be effective for that semester. After that, it will be made effective for the following semester.
College ICT website
Department ICT website
304 Mumford Hall