- Grainger College of Engineering
Grainger Engineering – All Majors
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- Industrial Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Plasma and Radiological Engineering
- Systems Engineering and Design
- Policies and Procedures for Intercollegiate Transfer.
- Off-Campus Transfer students admitted to majors outside of Grainger Engineering are not eligible to apply.
- First-Year students directly admitted to Agricultural & Biological Engineering (ACES) and Chemical Engineering (LAS) may use the Grainger Engineering major change process and are not required to first apply to the Pre-Engineering Program or Engineering Undeclared.
- The Grainger College of Engineering typically expects potential ICT students to have earned grades of B or higher in all technical courses attempted. Achieving this, however, may not guarantee admission into a specific major, due to the competitiveness of the transfer process.
- All other students should follow the application procedures below. The transfer process is competitive.
- For students who entered Illinois prior to summer 2022:
- Apply to the Pre-Engineering Program (PREP) during your second and/or third semester.
- The final application cycle to PREP will be open November 15-30, 2022. Students not admitted to PREP at that time will no longer be eligible for transfer to Grainger Engineering.
- First-Year students directly admitted to Physics (LAS) may use the Grainger Engineering major change process to apply to Engineering Physics. Declaring other Grainger Engineering majors requires admission to PREP.
- First-Year students directly admitted to CS + X majors across campus may use the Grainger Engineering major change process to apply to Computer Science (ENG). Declaring other Grainger Engineering majors requires admission to PREP.
- For students entering Illinois summer/fall 2022or later:
- Apply to Engineering Undeclared (EU) during your second and/or third semester.
- Applications are accepted twice per year with deadlines in May and December.
- Computer Science (ENG) is closed to all on-campus transfer.