Integrated and Value-Centered Budgeting
The Office of the Provost has drafted a white paper based on input from the Budgeting Reform Steering Committee, Budgeting Reform Implementation Committee, working groups, and sub-groups. This white paper identifies and provides background on the various components of the Integrated and Value-Centered Budgeting (“IVCB”) model, and outlines considerations on various aspects of the model and corresponding recommendations. A numbering system is used to identify each consideration and recommendation to enable readers to easily tie their feedback to the related consideration/recommendation.
The white paper is intended to be a work in process, with periodic updates made as feedback is received from the campus community. As of October 30, 2018, there are three versions of the white paper. Click the links below to view the different versions:
- December 22, 2017 Version 1 (original white paper)
- September 24, 2018 Version 2 – See a Summary of the Changes to Version 1.
- October 30, 2018 Version 3 – See a Summary of the Changes to Version 2. View the Technical Appendix to Version 3.
Users have two online options by which they may submit their feedback:
- Comments collected in one form are submitted to the Office of the Provost and shared with the Budgeting Reform Steering Committee and Budgeting Reform Implementation Committee. Comments will be categorized and responses will be made available on this website. Access the Office of the Provost Comment Form.
- The other form is submitted directly to the Urbana-Champaign Senate Committee on the Budget (Senate Budget Committee or “SBC”). The inclusion of the submitter’s contact information is optional. Feedback via this form will be compiled by the SBC, which will provide a unified response to the Office of the Provost and the Senate. Access the Senate Budget Committee Comment Form.