Current Calls for Nomination
To learn more about these and other awards with upcoming deadlines, read the current Award Nomination Opportunities Announcement.
Details about any external faculty awards that are open for recommendations for campus-coordinated nominations are provided in this section. To be considered for a nomination or to recommend a colleague, please use this online form to submit the required information by the campus deadline. (Illinois login credentials required.)
Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists
The Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists honor America’s most innovative young faculty-rank scientists and engineers, with the goal to “recognize and celebrate exceptional young scientists—to make them examples of what the next generation of young scientists should strive to achieve.” The awards recognize excellence in three disciplinary categories: Life Sciences; Physical Sciences & Engineering; and Chemistry.
Nominations. The Blavatnik Awards is a limited submission opportunity for the institution. The Office of the Provost will submit up to three Illinois nominations, one in each category.
Eligibility. The nominee must:
- have been born in or after 1976;
- hold a doctorate degree (PhD, DPhil, MD, DDS, DVM, etc.);
- currently hold a faculty position at an invited institution in the United States; and
- currently conduct research as a principal investigator in one of the disciplinary categories in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences & Engineering, or Chemistry.
For additional information about the Blavatnik Awards, including evaluation criteria and previous honorees and finalists, visit the website.
Campus submissions. Use the online form to submit the following information for the internal campus competition:
- date of birth;
- disciplinary category (click on the link above to view the list of categories on the Blavatnik website);
- short citation/brief justification for the nomination;
- summary of accomplishments (1-2 pages in paragraph form); and
- current CV.
Campus deadline. Midnight, Monday, September 25, 2017