Current Calls for Nomination
The following external and/or campus awards have upcoming deadlines. Use this online form to nominate a colleague for a campus-coordinated national or international award.
Please check back regularly for updates and new opportunities.
External Opportunities – Campus-Coordinated
Award nomination opportunities that are restricted or otherwise coordinated in the Office of the Provost are listed below. For additional information or to recommend a colleague for nomination, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 244-3689.
- Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists Internal deadline is September 14, 2020.
External Opportunities – Open
Awards that are open for nomination and are unrestricted on the Illinois campus are listed. For additional information or for assistance with pursuing a nomination, contact email@example.com. Where there are time differences, it is recommended that you submit a nomination at least one day prior to the deadline.
- National Academy of Sciences awards. Deadline for all awards is October 5, 2020.
- Arctowski Medal (solar physics)
- Gilbert Morgan Smith Medal (marine or freshwater algae)
- Henry Draper Medal (astronomical physics)
- J. Lawrence Smith Medal (investigations of meteoric bodies)
- James Prize in Science and Technology Integration
- Michael and Sheila Held Prize (computer science, specifically combinatorial/discrete optimization)
- NAS Award for Chemistry in Service to Society
- NAS Award for Scientific Discovery (2021 fields: astronomy, materials science, or physics)
- NAS Award in Chemical Sciences
- NAS Award in Molecular Biology (young investigator)
- NAS Award in the Evolution of Earth and Life- Mary Clark Thompson Medal (geology and paleontology)
- NAS Prize in Food and Agriculture Sciences
- NAS Public Welfare Medal
- Pradel Research Award (neuroscience; mid-career neuroscientists)
- Richard Lounsbery Award (biology and medicine)
- Selman A. Waksman Award in Microbiology
- Troland Research Awards (psychology; early-career researchers)
- William and Katherine Estes Award (behavioral research relevant to prevention of nuclear war)