The LUI Che Woo Prize aims to recognize and honor individuals or organizations all over the world with outstanding achievements and contributions in respect of the following three objectives: (1) Sustainable development of the world, (2) betterment of the welfare of mankind, and (3) promotion of positive life attitude and enhancement of positive energy. Unlike other international prizes which have specific fields, the LUI Che Woo Prize is a relatively new and prestigious international accolade awarded to individuals or organisations who have displayed remarkable achievements towards the three objectives of the Prize thereby contributing to world civilization. Thus, the coverage of the LUI Che Woo Prize is very broad, the recipients not being limited to academics and scientists.
Award/Prize amount: $2,560,000
Application/Nomination information: Nominations are by invitation only and is a limited submission. The Office of the Provost will submit up to three nominations, one in each category.
- Objective 1: Sustainable development of the world – This objective is to recognize an outstanding achievement of an individual or an organization in maintaining a sustainable ecological balance and natural capital on the one hand and providing for the needs of future generations on the other.
- Objective 2: Betterment of the welfare of mankind – This objective is to acknowledge an outstanding effort of an individual or an organization to enhance the well-being of the human race.
- Objective 3: Promotion of positive life attitude and enhancement of positive energy – This objective is to honor a model which can be an individual or an organization of unwavering determination demonstrated in the adoption of a positive attitude and making constructive changes in the face of setbacks, hardship and adversity.
Instructions for Internal Competition
Use the online form to upload the following information (in one document) for the internal campus competition:
- Identify objective for which nominee (individual or organization/group/program) is to be considered;
- Rationale/summary for the nomination;
- Research Summary/Summary of Achievements that makes the nominee a compelling candidate (1,000-word maximum, paragraph form). This should describe:
- the outstanding work, accomplishments, or contributions of the nominee,
- the present and expected future impact the nominee has made/will make in her/his/its particular field
- the benefit to society as a result of the nominee winning the prize
- Current CV
Nomination package must be submitted by midnight October 31.