College of Fine and Applied Arts
- Policies and Procedures for Intercollegiate Transfer
- Minimum GPA of 2.50.
- Student should apply no later than the sophomore year. Students will need three years to complete degree requirements after transfer.
- Current Illinois students should contact the School of Music Admissions Office at Musicadmissions@illinois.edu prior to filling out the Supplemental Music Application form.
- Students are required to audition as part of the admissions process. Audition requirements are available at
prospective-students/audition- requirements. Students will select their audition date while completing the supplementary music application.
- Students must pass the Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) offered through the State of Illinois Certification Testing system before their admission to Music Education can be finalized. Information and registration forms are available at http://www.icts.nesinc.com/
index.asp. Alternatively students may be eligible to use their ACT Composite score, provided they also took the Writing exam. Detailed information is provided at http://www.cote.illinois.edu/ certification/documents/act_ procedures_for_admission.pdf.
Students may only enter the School of Music in the fall semester. Any student seeking an exception to this policy must submit a statement detailing why they wish to be considered for the spring semester to the Music Admissions office prior to completing the Supplemental Music Application. The Supplemental Music Application is available beginning September 1st, and the deadline for all transfer students to complete the Supplemental Music Application is March 1st. Auditions are scheduled in January and February. For a complete listing of the audition dates, please see http://www.music.illinois.edu/
The School of Music will contact the student after admission to notify them of their advisor’s name. The student will be responsible for setting up the initial appointment.