College of Engineering
Engineering – All Majors
Agricultural and Biological Engineering
Materials Science and Engineering
Nuclear Plasma and Radiological Engineering
- Policies and Procedures for Intercollegiate Transfer
- The College of Engineering has a new procedure for evaluating all Intercollegiate Transfers (ICTs). Please see the link above for the most detailed description of the process as well as links to the appropriate documentation.
- Familiarize yourself with the College of Engineering Transfer Courses Requirements.
- Inform Engineering of your interest and download a Portfolio – students must request the petition by following the link. Check to make sure that you meet the College of Engineering Transfer Courses Requirements.
- Complete the portfolio.
- This is an extensive document that should be initiated as soon an interest for Engineering is formulated.
- Students should work on the portfolio and update it every semester to document the engineering exploration process, until ready to apply for transfer.
- Submit your application – fill out the form and submit your portfolio. You will receive a confirmation email.
General Guidelines for Transferring to Engineering:
- MATH 220 – Calculus or MATH 221 – Calculus I, MATH 231 – Calculus II, CHEM 102 – General Chemistry I and CHEM 103 – General Chemistry Lab I, and PHYS 211 – University Physics: Mechanics are minimum technical courses necessary to be considered for an ICT to engineering. Certain curricula may require more courses, depending on grades, space in the major, and other considerations.
- The College of Engineering typically expects grades of B or higher in all technical courses, though the actual GPA for transfer into different majors may vary depending on space availability and number of transfer applications.
- Because of the increasing competitiveness for highly requested majors, students who qualify for general admission to the College of Engineering may be given offers for alternative curricula depending on the interests declared in the transfer application. In this transition period, students should visit 206 Engineering Hall to ensure that the most up-to-date information is available to them as the new procedures are phased in.
- To be eligible for transfer to the College of Engineering in the Spring semester, the deadline to submit your portfolio is November 1st every semester.
- To be eligible for transfer to the College of Engineering in the Fall semester, the deadline to submit your portfolio is April 1st every semester.
The College of Engineering will review your application after your grades have been posted and will contact you before the start of the next semester (January for Spring ICT and August for Fall ICT).