College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Policies and Procedures for Intercollegiate Transfer
- Before applying to ICT online, you must attend one of our ICT Information Sessions. Dates, times, and locations can be found here: http://www.las.illinois.edu/
- Required Illinois GPA of 3.10 or higher, based on at least one full semester of course work
- Normal progress in the following sequences:
- MATH 220 – Calculus OR MATH 221 – Calculus I AND MATH 231 – Calculus II AND MATH 241 – Calculus III; AND
- PHYS 211 – University Physics – Mechanics AND PHYS 212 – University Physics – Elec & Mag AND PHYS 214 – Univ Physics – Quantum Physics; AND
- CHEM 202 – Accelerated Chemistry I AND CHEM 203 – Accelerated Chemistry I Lab AND CHEM 204 – Accelerated Chemistry II AND CHEM 205 – Accelerated Chemistry II Lab; OR CHEM 102 – General Chemistry I AND CHEM 103 – General Chemistry I Lab AND CHEM 104 – General Chemistry II AND CHEM 105 – General Chemistry II Lab AND CHEM 222 – Quantitative Analysis Lecture AND CHEM 223 – Quantitative Analysis Lab. NOTE: “Normal progress” is assessed by the “Suggested Four-Year Program” found at https://chbe.illinois.edu/undergraduate/explore-chbe-at-illinois/curriculum-academic-advising/. Students missing two or more courses from the suggested program at the time of application may not be approved for transfer to the department.
- Students must obtain written approval of the departmental academic advisor before processing by LAS Student Academic Affairs.
For current application deadlines, please refer to the College ICT page at
For specific advising contact information, please visit the LAS Departmental Advising website.