College of Applied Health Sciences
Applied Health Sciences – Kinesiology
Policies and Procedures for students considering a transfer into Kinesiology:
- Students are strongly encouraged to attend one of our Informational Meetings – dates and times are available here: http://advising.ahs.illinois.
- A preliminary meeting with one of the Kinesiology Academic Advisors is strongly encouraged. Students can schedule a meeting by visiting room 155 Freer Hall or calling 333-2461. Transfer applications are available in 155 Freer Hall or 219 Huff Hall.
- Prospective students will be asked to complete a brief application which will include a 500-700 word personal essay.
- Sophomore standing preferred and a 2.8/4.0 cumulative Illinois GPA is recommended.
- Leadership, volunteer, or professional experiences which relate to the major are strongly considered when reviewing applications.
Intercollegiate transfer applications are accepted at any time in the academic year. Completed applications can be submitted to room 155 Freer Hall or 219 Huff Hall. Applications are reviewed at the midterm and again once semester grades have posted. Summer applications are welcome. Students will receive notification approximately one week after applications are reviewed. For more information about our program, please visit http://kch.illinois.edu/.