College of Applied Health Sciences
Applied Health Sciences – Community Health
Policies and Procedures for students considering a transfer into Community Health:
- Students are strongly encouraged to attend one of our Informational Meetings – dates and times are available here: http://advising.ahs.illinois.
- A preliminary meeting with a Community Health Academic Advisor is strongly encouraged. Students can schedule a meeting by visiting room 2021 of the Khan Annex in Huff Hall. Transfer applications are available in 2021 Khan or 219 Huff Hall.
- Prospective students will be asked to complete a brief application which will include a 500-700 word personal essay.
- Sophomore standing preferred and a 2.8/4.0 cumulative Illinois GPA is recommended. Academic performance in CHLH classes is also evaluated. Prospective students are encouraged to explore CHLH 100, 101 or 244.
- Leadership, volunteer, or professional experiences which relate to the major are strongly considered when reviewing applications.
Intercollegiate transfer applications are accepted at any time in the academic year. Completed applications can be submitted to room 2021 Khan Annex or 219 Huff Hall. Applications are reviewed at the midterm and again once semester grades have posted. Summer applications are welcome. Students will receive notification approximately one week after applications are reviewed. For more information about our program, please visit http://kch.illinois.edu/.