Assessment Activities for 2017-2018
- 1. The campus will be collecting information on learning outcomes assessment.
- Over the 2016-2017 academic year, the campus community engaged in a systematic collection of assessment information for every undergraduate academic program. In 2017-2018, the focus will be on graduate degree programs. The campus went through a similar process in 2007-2008, and materials from that collection are available here.
- All Units will need to complete the graduate education assessment template with learning outcomes, previous assessment work, plans for assessment, and a curriculum map.
- The graduate assessment process templates, along with updates to the undergraduate assessment reports, will be due in April 2018.
- 2. The Council for Learning Outcomes Assessment (C-LOA) oversees this process.
- Established in Spring 2016 to help facilitate the process and to set policies, C-LOA created the template for collecting assessment information.
- C-LOA assures that reports are being submitted and that they are complete.
- 3. The campus will provide resources to assist with assessment work.
- Several workshops (online and in person) will take place in the Fall and Spring.
- Your C-LOA representative can also be helpful [list of C-LOA members].
- 4. Assessment should be meaningful and useful.
- When available or relevant, the unit should pull assessment information from other work that it is doing, such as from specialized accreditation reports and committee reports.
- Program faculty should list question(s) about how students are performing in the program, identify evidence to answer the question(s), and use the information to confirm the program is effectively impacting student learning or to improve the curriculum.
- 5. The campus needs assessment information for institutional accreditation.
- The campus is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, which expects the campus to collect assessment information for every program at the University.
- The campus will describe the assessment processes used on campus as well as share assessment reports with institutional accreditors.
Assessment Template and Reports
These resources can help you with your 2017-2018 reports:
To download the assessment plan template, see Resources & Workshops. When your assessment report is complete, upload it to Box below.