Provost's Undergraduate Student Advisory Board
Provost’s Undergraduate Student Advisory Board
Established in 2007, the Provost’s Undergraduate Student Advisory Board is overseen by the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It is composed of undergraduate students named by each of the undergraduate serving colleges as well as five at-large members selected through this open application process. All members are appointed to serve one-year terms.
In Fall 2015, the Board will meet for discussion from 12:00 – 1:00 pm on Thursday, October 8; Tuesday, November 3; and Tuesday, December 1. A buffet lunch will be provided. Dates for the Spring 2016 meetings will be determined at a later date.
The purpose of the Provost’s Undergraduate Student Advisory Board is to work with the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost to:
- Provide feedback on programs, administrative and academic policies, and initiatives established or overseen by the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and Innovation.
- Generate ideas and suggestions for programs and activities to enhance the academic experience of undergraduate students at the university.
- Undergraduate student standing for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Interest in academic affairs initiatives and activities on campus.
- Strong record of academic achievement (GPA 3.0 or above).
- Involvement on campus both in academic and extracurricular activities.
Interested undergraduate students are encouraged to submit an application. Successful applicants will be notified and may be scheduled for an interview. Applications must be received no later than September 11, 2015.
Questions about the Provost’s Undergraduate Student Advisory Board may be directed to Associate Provost Kristi Kuntz, 333-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.